Just one problem: only eleven New York Groups show up on the map!
It seems a shame not to take advantage of this form of electronic outreach. Please consider logging in to the LLLI Web site with your LLLID code and enabling the map function for the Group with which you lead. Here’s how.
- Navigate to the LLLI website
- Click on “LLLID Sign On” in the upper right corner, then type your LLLID in the box that appears. Click on “LLLID Sign On” again.
- Type your password into the box, then click “Sign On.”
- Click on “Dashboard” in the upper right corner.
- Scroll down on the page that appears to find the section “Leader Status.” If a Group name appears beside the "Listed Group Leader" category, then you can get the Group on the map. If not, please ask the Listed Leader to go through the next steps.
- Click on the Group name next to "Listed Group Leader" to go to the Group page.
- Click on “Address,” just under the Group name, and fill in the address of the Group’s meeting space in the page that appears. (If the Group does not have a set meeting space, just fill in your town and zip code so that the map has a place to center the Group’s pushpin symbol.) Click “Save Address.”
- Click on “Meetings” to add useful details to the Group’s map listing. The text you fill in here will show up in a dialog box on the map itself when a user clicks on the Group’s pushpin. You can include meeting dates and times, Leader phone numbers, a welcome message, or anything else you’d like a newcomer to see. When you are done, click “Save.”
- Every morning the LLLI Web site runs an automatic task to look for any changes Leaders have made to the Group profiles. The site then updates the file that populates the Group map. So, if you make a change today, it will show up tomorrow on the map, not immediately.
If you do not have a LLLID for access to the Leader sections of the LLLI Web site, contact Kristin Carter to set one up. Happy mapping!
"Electronic Superhighway" by Nam June Paik: arcticpenguin
Computer users: Matt Grommes