We are in the final stretch of completing the Area Agreement for La Leche League of New York. The Area Agreement is the blueprint for how our Area functions. It outlines a Leader’s responsibilities to the Area, as well as the Area’s responsibilities to each Leader, and the relationship that the Area has to the Area Network. It is both for us and by us as Leaders, so we hope that every Leader will be willing to share ideas to make the document better for all of us. Once the Area Agreement is in place, all Leaders who are affiliated with LLL of NY will be bound by it.
- Each Leader Connecting to LLL of NY: Your responsibilities as an LLL Leader connecting to LLL of NY.
- LLL Leader May: Outlines what a Leader may do with her LLL Leader hat on and how she demonstrates that connection to LLL of NY.
- Overview: Describes how LLL of NY connects to LLL Alliance Network for Breastfeeding Education and what Alliance provides for LLL of NY.
- Area Administration: Describes the responsibilities of the Area Team and outlines the roles of the Area Team members. Specifies how searches are done for positions on the Area Team.
- Policy for Area Leaders: Outlines accountability procedures to keep Area Team members working for the betterment of the Area.
- Services to Leaders: Details what each Area Team department offers to Leaders in LLL of NY.
- Area-Leader Communication: Defines the options for Leaders to receive information and news from the Area Team regarding LLL of NY and how Leaders may communicate with Area Team members.
- Financial Services and Accountability: Defines our status as a non-profit organization, the fiscal year, and how the Finance Department can assist Leaders and Groups with their financial responsibilities to LLL of NY.
- Agreements Review: Outlines how the Area Agreements can be changed, modified, edited, and accepted.
- LLL of NY Procedures for Admitting and Removing Leaders from the Area 2015: Defines how Leaders can be admitted to LLL of NY and the procedure to remove Leaders from LLL of NY.
Please review the entire draft Area Agreement in the “For Leaders” section of the Area website.
The very last step in the process of finalizing the Area Agreement is for the Area’s Leaders to respond to a survey after reviewing the document. The survey will be live on [DATE HERE] and will be sent to you via email to this email address.
Both your voice and your vote are extremely important. Please take a few minutes to look over the Area Agreement and to respond to the survey when you receive it. LLL USA will not finalize the Area Agreement unless at least 25 percent of New York Leaders respond to this survey and a majority of those Leaders indicate their willingness to abide by the document.
Thank you for your participation during this significant final step.